Canada’s Ballet JörgenCareers
Careers at Canada’s Ballet Jörgen
Are you interested in working for a vital and thriving arts organization? CBJ has exciting job openings for experienced arts professionals as well as entry level positions for enthusiastic individuals.
This page is updated as openings become available, so keep checking back.
Current Job Opportunities
On a part-time basis, the Education Coordinator will provide administrative and organizational support and act as the Company’s representative overseeing and coordinating Canada’s Ballet Jörgen Education Programs, with a primary focus on all elements stemming from CBJ and George Brown Dance auditions. The role provides direction and guidance to ensure that CBJ is well positioned within the community to achieve its strategic goals and objectives.
- Managing Auditions – updating website, booking space, scheduling, follow-ups, acceptance letters, registration tracking and relationship building with all parties (students, parents, dance teachers and dance studios) for the following programs:
- George Brown Dance – P101, P105, P106
- Junior Company
- Summer Intensive IV
- Local Youth Participant
- CBJ Company positions
- Nutcracker Local Participant
- Nutcracker Touring Participant
- Coordinate, research and monitor all education database components, including all mailings for:
- Summer Dance Programs – JC, Sum IV, III, II, I
- GBD Programs – P101, P105, P106
- Answering Education phone and emails responding in a timely fashion and redirecting were necessary to appropriate departments to ensure a timely, accurate and professional response;
- Assisting with content generation and ensuring education program website details are accurate and functional, monitoring and updating the website, requesting information to be posted as required;
- Coordinating the logistics and communications for the above programs. This includes both for the people outside the organizations as well as all organizational staff and contractors;
- Tracking, filing and archiving all data and communications pertaining to above programs;
- Coordinating with Marketing Services for the promotion of all Education Programs, with a focus on Auditions. This includes emailers, hard mailings, promotion for Local Participant Programs and General Audition emailer details and determining timing of emailers for each location. This also includes information for social media postings;
- Gathering participation statistics for all Education Programming to be provided on a timely basis to our statistics department and tracked in summary and KPI spreadsheets;
- Ensuring all data about participants, their families and their dance studios are entered and tracked in the database.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must;
- Raiser’s Edge Database knowledge an asset;
- Must be highly motivated by the vision and mission of Canada’s Ballet Jörgen to ensure all aspects of the two projects function efficiently and effectively to contribute to achievement of strategic goals and objectives;
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and deadline pressure while ensuring accuracy;
- Comfortable working independently;
- Background in education an asset;
- Experience in non-profit an asset;
- Knowledge of/background in dance/performing arts an asset;
- French an asset.
Part time- 20 hours per week
Email your resume to Education Manager Clea Iveson: email@example.com
Professional accompanists are welcome to apply to Canada’s Ballet Jörgen & George Brown Dance!
Pianists are needed for ballet classes, and George Brown Dance also schedules:
- Percussionists for modern dance classes
- Pianists for Vocal and Chorus Repertoire classes
Accompanists will potentially be called upon to play for a ballet class for the company, and/or as a substitute for George Brown Dance classes. This may lead to contracts for regular classes during school terms.
Professional Classical Ballet Dancer
Professional Classical Ballet Dancers are welcome to audition for Canada’s Ballet Jörgen! For more information on our Professional Dancer Auditions, click here.
Professional Dance Teacher
Professional Dance Teachers are welcome to apply to Canada’s Ballet Jörgen & George Brown Dance!
Teachers are needed for ballet & pointe classes, and George Brown Dance also offers:
- Modern dance classes
- Jazz classes
- Hip hop classes
- Chorus repertoire classes
Ballet teachers will potentially be called upon to teach for the company; all teachers may be asked to substitute for George Brown Dance classes. This may lead to contracts for regular classes during school terms.
Are you looking to gain experience and skill by becoming a volunteer?
For more information and to learn how you can be a part of our organization click here.
Please note that volunteering with Canada’s Ballet Jörgen is an unpaid position.
Dance Education Assistant: George Brown Dance and Canada's Ballet Jörgen
George Brown Dance & Canada’s Ballet Jörgen are seeking a dynamic individual to fill a 3-4 month internship opportunity. The ideal candidate is motivated and interested in learning about arts administration in the vibrant world of dance and dance training. The Dance Education intern will work closely with the Program Coordinator in the administration of Ballet Jörgen’s Education programs, with a focus on George Brown Dance.
This position will also give the candidate an opportunity to participate in preparing for productions of shows, as well as events such as auditions, and studio showings. The intern will gain an overview of how a prominent dance company and its programs function, gain valuable work experience, and make connections within the company.
Please note there will be no financial compensation.