Canada’s Ballet JörgenCareers
Careers at Canada’s Ballet Jörgen
Are you interested in working for a vital and thriving arts organization? CBJ has exciting job openings for experienced arts professionals as well as entry level positions for enthusiastic individuals.
This page is updated as openings become available, so keep checking back.
Current Job Opportunities
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support at Canada’s Ballet Jörgen to ensure that CBJ is well positioned within the community to achieve its strategic goals and objectives. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the daily operations of the company run efficiently and effectively though the following Core Responsibilities:
- Filing, photocopying, scanning, answering the main telephone line and distributing messages;
- Coordinating studio rentals;
- Ordering and keeping inventory of office supplies;
- Processing teacher and accompanist timesheets;
- Processing mail and maintaining postage meter;
- Reconciling credit card statements;
- Making bank deposits and running occasional out of office errands;
- Assisting with Toronto performances as required.
- Skilled in major computer applications related to work including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Raiser’s Edge Database knowledge an asset;
- WordPress experience an asset;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Punctual and able to perform tasks independently;
- Good relationship building skills;
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and deadline pressure while ensuring accuracy;
Part-Time (15-20 hours/week); working hours are between 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Email resume to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is September 30, 2019. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Professional accompanists are welcome to apply to Canada’s Ballet Jörgen & George Brown Dance!
Pianists are needed for ballet classes, and George Brown Dance also schedules:
- Percussionists for modern dance classes
- Pianists for Vocal and Chorus Repertoire classes
Accompanists will potentially be called upon to play for a ballet class for the company, and/or as a substitute for George Brown Dance classes. This may lead to contracts for regular classes during school terms.
Professional Classical Ballet Dancer
Professional Classical Ballet Dancers are welcome to audition for Canada’s Ballet Jörgen! For more information on our Professional Dancer Auditions, click here.
Professional Dance Teacher
Professional Dance Teachers are welcome to apply to Canada’s Ballet Jörgen & George Brown Dance!
Teachers are needed for ballet & pointe classes, and George Brown Dance also offers:
- Modern dance classes
- Jazz classes
- Hip hop classes
- Chorus repertoire classes
Ballet teachers will potentially be called upon to teach for the company; all teachers may be asked to substitute for George Brown Dance classes. This may lead to contracts for regular classes during school terms.
Are you looking to gain experience and skill by becoming a volunteer?
For more information and to learn how you can be a part of our organization click here.
Please note that volunteering with Canada’s Ballet Jörgen is an unpaid position.
Dance Education Assistant: George Brown Dance and Canada's Ballet Jörgen
George Brown Dance & Canada’s Ballet Jörgen are seeking a dynamic individual to fill a 3-4 month internship opportunity. The ideal candidate is motivated and interested in learning about arts administration in the vibrant world of dance and dance training. The Dance Education intern will work closely with the Program Coordinator in the administration of Ballet Jörgen’s Education programs, with a focus on George Brown Dance.
This position will also give the candidate an opportunity to participate in preparing for productions of shows, as well as events such as auditions, and studio showings. The intern will gain an overview of how a prominent dance company and its programs function, gain valuable work experience, and make connections within the company.
Please note there will be no financial compensation.