Canada’s Ballet JörgenCareers
Careers at Canada’s Ballet Jörgen
Are you interested in working for a vital and thriving arts organization? CBJ has exciting job openings for experienced arts professionals as well as entry level positions for enthusiastic individuals.
This page is updated as openings become available, so keep checking back.
Current Job Opportunities
Creative Writer and Content Strategist
The Creative Writer and Content Strategist will assist with all aspects of marketing and communications for Canada’s Ballet Jörgen and George Brown Dance, with a primary focus on all content generation. This will include:
- Produce high-quality, comprehensive written content- including impact stories, media releases and outreach materials;
- Manage all company social media platforms including blog, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter- including the collection/tracking of analytics;
- Develop and execute a communications plan for all company e-newsletters and e-blasts, including story generation and copywriting;
- Assist with maintaining and updating the Canada’s Ballet Jörgen and George Brown Dance websites;
- Maintain a consistent feel with all external messaging across all marketing and communications channels.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support the creation and execution of marketing for performances presented by external stakeholders (Presented shows);
- Support the creation and execution of marketing plans for performances presented by Canada’s Ballet Jörgen (Self-Presented shows);
- Liaise with Education team to create and maintain regular communication through appropriate e-channels to initiate, build and sustain meaningful relationships with current and potential students for George Brown College (George Brown Dance) and Canada’s Ballet Jörgen programs.
- Marketing and communications experience in the arts a must;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must;
- Must be highly motivated by the vision and mission of Canada’s Ballet Jörgen to ensure marketing services functions efficiently and effectively to contribute to achievement of strategic goals and objectives;
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and deadline pressure while ensuring accuracy;
- Degree in Journalism or Communications an asset;
- Social Media management experience an asset;
- WordPress experience an asset;
- Experience with Hootsuite, Mail Chimp, Facebook Advertising, Google AdWords preferred;
- Experience with InDesign preferred;
- Comfortable working independently;
- Knowledge of/background in dance/performing arts an asset;
- French an asset.
The Creative Writer and Content Strategist will report to the Marketing Services Manager and General Manager.
Part-Time – 3 days a week.
Email resume to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is June 15, 2018. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Professional accompanists are welcome to apply to Canada’s Ballet Jörgen & George Brown Dance!
Pianists are needed for ballet classes, and George Brown Dance also schedules:
- Percussionists for modern dance classes
- Pianists for Vocal and Chorus Repertoire classes
Accompanists will potentially be called upon to play for a ballet class for the company, and/or as a substitute for George Brown Dance classes. This may lead to contracts for regular classes during school terms.
Professional Classical Ballet Dancer
Professional Classical Ballet Dancers are welcome to audition for Canada’s Ballet Jörgen! For more information on our Professional Dancer Auditions, click here.
Professional Dance Teacher
Professional Dance Teachers are welcome to apply to Canada’s Ballet Jörgen & George Brown Dance!
Teachers are needed for ballet & pointe classes, and George Brown Dance also offers:
- Modern dance classes
- Jazz classes
- Hip hop classes
- Chorus repertoire classes
Ballet teachers will potentially be called upon to teach for the company; all teachers may be asked to substitute for George Brown Dance classes. This may lead to contracts for regular classes during school terms.
Are you looking to gain experience and skill by becoming a volunteer?
For more information and to learn how you can be a part of our organization click here.
Please note that volunteering with Canada’s Ballet Jörgen is an unpaid position.
Dance Education Assistant: George Brown Dance and Canada's Ballet Jörgen
George Brown Dance & Canada’s Ballet Jörgen are seeking a dynamic individual to fill a 3-4 month internship opportunity. The ideal candidate is motivated and interested in learning about arts administration in the vibrant world of dance and dance training. The Dance Education intern will work closely with the Program Coordinator in the administration of Ballet Jörgen’s Education programs, with a focus on George Brown Dance.
This position will also give the candidate an opportunity to participate in preparing for productions of shows, as well as events such as auditions, and studio showings. The intern will gain an overview of how a prominent dance company and its programs function, gain valuable work experience, and make connections within the company.
Please note there will be no financial compensation.