Individuals will be accountable to the artistic staff, including the Artistic Director. They must learn all CBJ repertoire for rehearsals and performances with the company. National travel is required as well as some International travel.
Unable to attend?
You may forward your Photos – A Headshot and a Dance Photo required, C/V and Audition video link (see mandatory requirements below) to:
with the subject heading: Company Audition
Video Audition Requirements
Please provide a video link that does not exceed 15 minutes in length that includes the components listed below – please note videos will not be reviewed unless they have all required components:
- Introduction: State your name, where you are from, where you currently live, and why you want to dance for Canada’s Ballet Jörgen.
- Ballet Technique (Required): 3 short exercises at the barre of your choice and 3 short centre exercises consisting of adagio, pirouettes, and grand allegro. In the centre, women must show some exercises on pointe and men must show tours.
- Classical Variation of your Choice (Required): Performance or studio footage (preferred).
- Improvisation (Optional but recommended): 1 continuous minute of improvisation without edits that shows floor work, range of motion, plus articulation in feet, hands, and face.
- Pas de Deux Section (Optional but recommended): Performed on stage or in the studio .