CBJ offers master classes and workshops in communities across the country that are designed to instill the values of professionalism, teamwork and dedication into its participants. We encourage students to be discipline their technique, to be creative and discover their individuality, while also discovering how they fit into the greater whole of an ensemble.
Canada’s Ballet Jörgen offers master class and workshop packages for dancers of various levels
We strive to create a safe environment in our classes and workshops that adheres to the basics of proper ballet techniques and promotes the ideals common to all ballet styles. Our goals are to:
- Instill the values of professionalism and dedication;
- Encourage students to be creative and discover their individuality, while also discovering how they fit into the greater whole of an ensemble;
- Develop a sense of studio etiquette and carriage;
- Teach students to take responsibility for their work and in what they do
- Explain in detail elements of technique; the why, the how and the ultimate
General availability for all master classes, workshops and clinics:
- anytime Canada’s Ballet Jörgen is near you on tour with performances
- anytime within 250km of Toronto
Grouped by age/level, and for ages 8 and up
A Company dancer will teach a ballet class to the students. Using CD’s, the dancers will take the students through the paces of a traditional ballet class while imparting his or her own personal expertise as a technical dancer. Every professional dancer with an aptitude for teaching has a wealth of experiential knowledge to share with students, helping them to see things anew and inspiring them to achieve more with their dancing.
Grouped by age/level and Recommended for age/level of age 12 and up
A Company dancer will teach choreography from the touring show to the students. Using CD’s, the dancers will take the students through the paces of learning choreography, applying musicality, personality and precision to their role – thus learning about the trade of working as a dancer and telling a story with movement This aspect really connects the students to the performance and gives them something more personal to relate to from the show.
Note: The best scenario is a 1.25 – 1.75 hour ballet class followed by a 30 – 45 minute repertoire class. Fees are approximately $110/hour + HST/GST.
Pointe shoes are so unique – both to the art form and to each individual dancer. This workshop provides the opportunity for aspiring dancers to hear directly from an experienced professional dancer exactly what a dancer goes through to have the best pointe!
How Do You:
- Choose shoe brand, style, size, width, shank, vamp?
- Adjust your shoes throughout your training and a career?
- Decide where to sew ribbons and elastics?
- Darn your shoes and why would you?
- Make your shoes last longer?
- Manage blisters, toe nails, cracked heels and more?
- Decide what to wear inside your shoes? Tape, ouch pouch, spacers etc.
Plus we will talk about training on pointe – the muscles, the lines, the fatigue, the injuries and more.
Pointe Shoe Clinic Details:
This clinic ideally works in conjunction with a master class.
50% discount if booked with a 1.5hr master class
30 minutes for a group of up to 15 students
45 minutes for a group of 16 – 25 students
We also have faculty available to teach:
- Chorus Repertoire
- Contact Dance
- Hip Hop
Typically these classes are booked as part of a workshop or summer program, fees and availability vary, please contact us for further details.
We also have faculty available to teach:
- Acting For Dance
- Vocals for Dance
Typically we will link you with our faculty member to have you set-up your schedule of classes directly with the teacher.
Master Class Locations
Sunday, January 19th 2020
The Conservatory, at H’art Centre
237 Wellington St, Kingston, ON K7K 0B5
3:30pm-4:15pm: Pointe & Repertoire
4:20pm-4:45pm: Q&A and Demonstration
Ballet Only: $31.64
Both Classes and Q&A: $42.94
To book a master class, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the past, we have done classes at:
Kingston School of Dance, The Conservatory