Why Volunteer for Canada’s Ballet Jörgen?
There are many great reasons to volunteer for CBJ!
Volunteers are an important and greatly appreciated part of our organization. CBJ volunteers provide valuable, personalized assistance both in the community and CBJ operationally.
CBJ Volunteers are Part of a Team
Volunteers work with a committed team of other volunteers and staff to help your community. Volunteers receive training and support from our other local volunteers and staff at CBJ office. Further, CBJ volunteers are part of a larger, national CBJ network with volunteers from nearly every community we visit!
CBJ Work is Flexible
As a CBJ volunteer, you can generally schedule your work to accommodate family, work, or other responsibilities. This makes volunteering flexible and rewarding!
CBJ Offers Many Types of Volunteer Opportunities
CBJ offers a variety of opportunities to match the diverse interests of potential volunteers, including co-op placements for high school students. These opportunities will vary throughout the season and may include roles such as outreach specialist, marketing assistant, office assistant, front–of–house and theatre work and local participant rehearsal assistants*.
Dance Education Assistant: George Brown Dance cont’d
- A passion for dance and the arts
- A desire to learn and contribute to the company’s vision of advancing the appreciation of ballet and Canadian choreography through performance, educational experiences and outreach
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Office experience is an asset
- Assisting with administration of special events (auditions, studio showings, award ceremony)
- Assisting with production of shows (opportunities to be involved with show are also possible – i.e. assistant stage manager , front of house)
- Tracking registration for auditions, programs, etc.
- Administrative work, e-mail & phone communication as needed
- Confirming contact information for dance organizations and arts education representatives, in order to maintain database for future promotion of our programs
- Potentially participating in projects with other departments, depending on interest and availability (Marketing, Alumni Relations, etc.)
George Brown Dance/ Canada’s Ballet Jörgen is located at George Brown College, Casa Loma Campus
Position entails a weekly commitment of 4-8 hours a week. Hours are to be determined, based on your availability and schedule- mainly to take place during business hours, but occasional evenings/weekends are also available. Orientation and Training will be given.
A reference or letter of recommendation may be provided at the end of the contract. Please note there will be no financial compensation.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com using Dance Education Assistant in the subject line. Or to become a CBJ volunteer, click on the button above, fill out the application form and submit.